A pesticide is a single or multiple mixture of substances used to prevent, eliminate or repel living organisms that threaten to injure, or cause damage to people, plants, animals or structures in both commercial and residential settings.
Pests consist of a wide range of insects and wildlife. Their effective control is authorized and recommended under the supervision of licensed and accredited professionals only. Affordable Tree Services pest control experts are experienced with the proper preparation and application of pesticides according to federal regulations outlined for the pest control industry.
As a result of easy access to many unauthorized pest control products online, pest control professionals must remain more conscious than ever of industry regulations. The use of pesticides in the United States is strictly regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency, as stipulated by the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act. Affordable Tree Services is a licensed pest management organization and uses only products permissible by federal law.
There are many types of pesticides available on the market today with herbicides and insecticides as the most common choices to manage unwanted plants, insects and wildlife.
- Algicides are used to control algae in commercial or residential swimming pools and any form or water tank and may also be used some natural bodies of water including small lakes or ponds.
- Antifouling agents are applied to remove underwater organisms that attach to the bottom surface of boats, docks and other external surfaces that are frequently or continuously submerged underwater.
- Antimicrobials kill microscopic organisms, bacteria and other viruses.
- Fungicides are used to kill various strains of fungi, including mildews, molds, and blights.
- Herbicides kill weeds and other unwanted plants.
- Insecticides comprise of a wide range of chemicals used to kill and control insects, spiders, and other bugs.
- Miticides kill mites that pose a health threat to plants and animals.
- Molluscicides eliminate kill snails and slugs.
- Nematicides are used to kill nematodes that feed on plants and disrupt agriculture.
- Ovicides are applied to kill the eggs of insects and mites.
- Rodenticides are used for mice, rats and rodent removal.
In addition adhering to all national regulations governing the pest control industry, Affordable Tree Services is also required to adhere to state and local laws. Affordable Tree Services is recognized as a responsible provider of safe and effective pest control services that are in accord with the highest of the industry’s safety standards.
Each year a range of pests destroy nearly 37% of all crops in the United States resulting in a monetary loss of approximately 122 billion dollars. (Source: Study.com / Use of Pesticides)
Despite existing challenges, the widespread use of pesticides has provided significant benefits which include:
- Improved food production
- Significant decrease in mortality rate
- Increased profits for farmers
- Reduced percentage of crops consumed by pests
- Disease control and prevention
- Decrease in threats to livestock